11th Annual Deighton Cup
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Hot on the hooves of its 10th anniversary, with its largest-ever attendance of 7,000 revellers, the Deighton Cup is picking up the pace and sounding the starting bell for its second spectacular decade at the venerable Hastings Racecourse on Saturday, July 20, from 12pm to 6pm.
In what has become a Vancouver summertime tradition, the 11th Annual Deighton Cup, presented by the Parade Agency and The Social Concierge, will delight and inspire guests with an array of new attractions as well as a host of time-honoured traditions for a full day of fun, fashion, and derby-style excitement:
- A full card of eight adrenaline-pumping horse races, beginning promptly at 1:30pm
- Expanded “Style Stakes” competition with revamped application process, featuring online pre-registration as well as an on-site Self-Nomination Portrait Studio. The best-dressed man and woman as voted by a panel of industry judges and fellow attendees will receive $500 each in fabulous prizes. (rules and regulations)
- Pre-ordered and on-site à la carte food programme catered by Earls Restaurants, including vegan options, charcuterie boards and a decadent selection of Acadian Sturgeon & Caviar and Arc Iberico Importers (menu)
- Fresh oyster shucking station and demonstrations courtesy Vancouver Island’s The Wandering Mollusk
- VIP hosting and trackside suites sponsored by Piper-Heidsieck Champagne
- A complement of ultra-luxury and performance supercars to discover in the Mile’s End Motors signature “Field of Dreams”
- Bar and table service, and a chance to sip the signature “Foraged Furlong,” a Botanist Gin-forward cocktail by Nightingale bartender Tim Lambden, winner of the 2019 Deighton Cup Cocktail Jockey competition held at Reflections at the Hotel Georgia on May 4
- Immersive and interactive art installations curated by Kirsten Larson
- Cigar lounge
- “Parrot Express” chauffeur coach service to Hastings Racecourse departing from seven Earls locations across the Lower Mainland (reservation info)
- “After Track” live DJ set from 5:30pm with internationally acclaimed DJ Frank Walker (Toronto), veteran of the Pegasus World Cup, Preakness Infield and headliner of the “Deighton Live” party at the Belmont Hotel the night before the big day
- Partial proceeds from all ticket sales to benefit Variety — The Children’s Charity.
Individual Early Bird tickets ($55) as well as private boxes and booths are available at www.deightoncup.com..
IN BRIEF: THE 11th ANNUAL DEIGHTON CUP
When: Saturday, July 20
Where: Hastings Racecourse – 188 North Renfrew Street
Time: 12pm – 6pm
Price: Early Bird: $55 (until midnight, June 21)
Tickets: Available online at www.deightoncup.com.