BBQ off the Bypass Brings the Heat to Langley
Annual BBQ competition returns with Great BC Bake-Off in September
The 11th annual BBQ Off the Bypass (BOTB), presented by C&D Logistics, in partnership with Johnston’s and Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store, returns to Langley (117-20353 64th Avenue) with the Great BC Bake-Off on Sunday, September 11. The event is family-friendly and free to attend. Admission donations are encouraged to support this year’s charitable partner, TinyKittens. .
As BBQ teams from across Washington State, Montana, Saskatchewan and British Columbia compete for the grand championship of $5,000 cash prize, attendees are invited to enjoy complimentary samples of delicious slow-cooked meat, treats from vendors and live music from The New Shackletons..
This year’s competing BBQ categories include: chicken, brisket, ribs, pork and a blackbox category.
Also returning with BBQ Off the Bypass is the 7th annual Great BC Bake-Off, an amateur pie baking competition open to the public. Home bakers are encouraged to submit their favourite pie or tart in one of three categories: fruit pie, butter tart or anything pie.
“We’re excited to be back again for the 11th year with TinyKittens as our charitable partner. Bring a friend or your family and join us in Langley for the annual celebration of Southern style BBQ.” – Angie Quaale
Five things to know about BOTB:
- Winner of BOTB qualifies for an invitation to compete in the Jack Daniels World BBQ Championship in Tennessee and The American Royal BBQ in Kansas City.
- Last year’s BOTB raised $6,809.95 to support Langley’s TinyKittens Society, a 100% volunteer-run cat rescue.
- The first place winner in each category of the The Great BC Bake Off will receive a $150.00 Well Seasoned gift card and a recipe feature on the BOTB website.
- BBQ *OFF* the Bypass was renamed in 2014 when it moved from on to off the bypass, by Well Seasoned Gourmet Food Store.
- The most popular BBQ category each year: ribs!….