The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver revs its engine
for the Year of the Dog
From the lucky McLaren 570 Spider gleaming in its lobby to the Eastern Tea Service featured all day long from February 15 – 21, Coal Harbour’s iconic Westin Bayshore Hotel celebrates the Year of the Dog in style.
H Tasting Lounge has partnered with McLaren to park a sleek and luxurious 570 Spider just outside of its golden gates as a nod to new beginnings. After a show-stopping welcome, sip from a limited-time Gung Hay Fat Choy cocktails list featuring exotic flavours and this year’s lucky colours. From February 15 – 21, its extraordinary cocktails include:
- Year of the Dog $45: wuliangye Baijiu, jasmine pearl syrup, clarified lemon juice, teapot bitters, fruit caviars and rose
- The Umami Bomb $17: black mushroom-infused buffalo trace, golden miso caramel, lactart and chocolate bitters
- Lucky Sour $17: Tanqueray 10 Gin, chrysanthemum lemon marmalade, lemon juice, white chocolate tea, smoke & oak bitters, goji berry bubble
- Chinese Gin & Tonic $15
- Tanqueray 10 Gin, Luxardo Liquore St. Antonio, 5-spice bittermelon tonic, lemon juice, green cardamom peppercorn bitters, seltzer
During this festive period, guests can also enjoy Eastern Afternoon Tea ($48 per person) at H Tasting Lounge. Highlights include:
- Sandwiches – “Kung Pao” Lobster Roll and Shredded Pekin Duck Lettuce Wrap
- Pastries – Pineapple Shortbread, Taro Puff and Abalone Tart
- Sweets – Creamy Egg Tart, Green Tea Mochi and Mango Pomelo Sago
An extensive selection of loose leaf teas with an option to upgrade to bubbly cocktails or one of seven coffees, make this a truly elegant treat, available all day long (11:30am – 9pm) from February 15 – 21. To reserve, call 604.691.6862 or visit htastinglounge.com.
Also located lobby level at the Westin Bayshore, H2 Rotisserie & Bar serves up Chinese New Year family-style, with a three-course Fresh Sheet menu, including:
- Chow Chow Noodle Salad with chili coriander dressing
- “Dragon Eggs” with wasabi mousse, and Sichuan Pickles
- Joe Wong’s Garlic Shrimp
- Prosperity Rice loaded with gai lan, bok choy, sui choy, and pea shoots
- Purple Phoenix Tofu with red cabbage
- Hot & Honey Chicken – H2’s signature whole rotisserie chicken with a spicy honey soy glaze
- Mango Coconut Custard
- Sweet Lavender Egg Dim Sum
On February 17 and 18, from 11:30am to 3pm, Chinese and dim sum items super-charge the menu of H2 Rotisserie & Bar’s weekend brunch buffet. Aside from the typical offerings, like congee and BBQ pork buns, H2 offers guests an assortment of elevated Asian dishes, including soft tofu with pork floss and bean curd noodle salad; vegan hot and sour soup; deep-fried crispy ling cod; longevity noodles, and a BBQ meat platter loaded with crispy pork belly and duck. Be sure to save room for dessert options like Chinese New Year cake, fried sesame balls, and red bean soup with coconut milk garnish offered in tandem with other daily sweets. $35 per person.
Complimentary valet parking is offered to all guests when dining at H2 Rotisserie & Bar and H Tasting Lounge.
About H2 Rotisserie & Bar
H2 Rotisserie & Bar at The Westin Bayshore is Vancouver’s hotspot for homestyle, upscale comfort food. Featuring 162 seats inside and 70 outside on its garden terrace, H2’s bustling open kitchen offers fresh, local ingredients – including tantalizing rotisserie chicken – while its bar features top Vancouver microbrews, cocktails using regionally distilled spirits, and BC wines on tap. H2 Rotisserie & Bar’s Sunday Supper Series and rotating Fresh Sheets promote family-style dining, while chef-led cooking classes, Happy Hour and Reverse Happy Hour specials, and an expansive weekend brunch buffet featuring live music enliven the mood. h2restaurant.com
About H Tasting Lounge
Transporting guests to the divine Hollywood glamour era of iconic billionaire Howard Hughes, H Tasting Lounge offers internationally influenced cuisine, an impressive French and Italian wine list, rare cognacs, an extensive champagne list and creative cocktails in an elegantly designed art deco-inspired space. Located seaside in The Westin Bayshore, H Tasting Lounge offers nightly live music and an experience unparalleled to ny other venue in the city. htastinglounge.com
About The Westin Bayshore, Vancouver
Located adjacent to Stanley Park along picturesque Coal Harbour, The Westin Bayshore is an ideal destination for business and leisure guests. The hotel’s 499 spacious guest rooms and suites feature stunning views over the water and the city. The resort-inspired property features one of the largest hotel conference centres in Western Canada, with 71,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space. Boasting experience enhancing facilities such as Vida Spa, indoor and outdoor pools, H2 Rotisserie & Bar, and H Tasting Lounge. Wellness programs include WestinWORKOUT, RunWESTIN, BikeWESTIN and Liquid Yoga. westinbayshore.com