2019 Healthy Chef Competition
On the evening of Wednesday, March 20, 2019,
the BCPMA Healthy Chef Competition,
will welcome 500+ guests to its 20th annual event
Ten restaurants will create an array of meals where fresh produce ingredients are the stars of the plate. Protein plays a supporting role. It is co-hosted by BC Produce Marketing Association (BCPMA) and BC Chefs’ Association (BCCA) and takes place at the host hotel, Hyatt Regency, Vancouver, BC.
Highlights of Healthy Chef Competition
- Everyone gets a different meal: It is a friendly competition and attendees get to taste the dishes that were judged earlier. On each table is an envelope which holds two cards – one for the entrée and another for the dessert.
- Theme tables are created by each competitor and are judged on how they deliver their message of freshness. These tables are judged by the social media and food bloggers.
- The auctions benefit several charities including Canadian Cancer Society, BC Heart and Stroke and the BCCA Junior Chef Scholarship Program.
- Entertainment: DJ music, presentations and roaming entertainers
- Swag: An amazing box of swag featuring fresh produce and other items.
- Judging: A team of BCCA chefs judge each entrée and dessert evaluating it for taste, texture, colour, volume of fresh produce used, and the protein offered.
- Trophies and prize monies: Awarded for Best Entree, Best Dessert, The Table Showcase and People’s Choice.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 20, 2019. 6:30 PM – 10:30 PM
WHERE: Hyatt Regency, 655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6C 2R7
It is an industry event supported by those involved in the marketing of fresh produce. Limited tickets are available for the public.
Hashtags: #BCPMA #BCHC19 #HealthyChefBC www.bcpma.com or www.bcproducebc.ca
Twitter: @bcproducebc Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bcproducebc/