Shiny Fuzzy Muddy 16th annual Craft Fair
December 8th – 9th, 2018
Celebrating 16 years of Shiny Fuzzy Muddy Collective holiday events, the annual artist curated collection of fine art, craft and design will host a two-day only show at the Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street, in Vancouver, BC on Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th. This collaborative event provides a venue that champions craftsmanship over mass production, hosting over 30 BC based artists to exhibit in an intimate environment where shoppers can mingle with the makers and find holiday gifts created with intention, that become future heirlooms. Over 70 Canadian artists have been featured at events over the past 16 years.
What: Shiny Fuzzy Muddy – annual curated show and collection from Canadian designers and artists
Dates / Times: Saturday, December 8, 2018 – 11:00 am – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 9, 2018 – 10:00 am – 6:00 p.m.
Where: Heritage Hall – 3102 Main Street, Vancouver, BC
Admission: $4.00 per person – at the door or online
The 2018 Shiny Fuzzy Muddy event features five new participating designers including:
- Dianna Watters Handmade, contemporary cross stitch (Toronto);
- Kathleen Tennock Ceramic Studio (Whistler);
- Bianca Barr, accessories, clothing and jewellery (Vancouver);
- Mama Mui Lab, ceramics (Vancouver); and
- BILLY WOULD designs, reclaimed hardwood jewellery.
Returning designers include:
- Frances Felt, clothing and accessories for women (Pemberton);
- ONLY CHILD Handicrafts, beadwork (Salt Spring Island);
- Russell Hackney Ceramics (Bowen Island);
- Sans Souci, zero waste textile and designs (Vancouver);
- Kat Cadegan Jewellery (Revelstoke); Banquet Workshop, screen prints stationery, textiles, clothing and jewellery (Vancouver);
- AW by Andrea Wong, accessory designs (Vancouver);
- LUprints, home goods (Pemberton);
- Claudia Schulz, hat designer (Vancouver);
- mimi, felt and sewn accessories for children (North Vancouver);
- Caroline Miller Design, jewellery (Squamish);
- Cathy Terepocki Ceramics (Chilliwack);
- Adhesif Clothing, new and recycled fabrics for one-of-a-kind garments (Vancouver);
- Him Creations, felter (Vancouver);
- Red Pot Pottery (Surrey);
- Art by Lan Yao (Squamish);
- TOODLEBUNNY, jewellery (Vancouver);
- Daub + Design, hand dyed fashion (Vancouver);
- Julie Mackinnon Ceramics (Salt Spring Island);
- we.are.stories, small batch clothing line (Nelson);
- zed handmade, hand knit designs (South Surrey);
- Joanna Lovett Sterling, jewellery (Burnaby);
- bronsino, hand crafted bags and accessories (Burnaby);
- Winterluxe, recycled cashmere winter accessories collection (Vancouver);
- flightpath designs, leatherwork goods (Vancouver);
- dahlhaus, pottery (Vancouver); and
- Kari Woo Contemporary Art Jewellery (Calgary, AB).
About Shiny Fuzzy Muddy
Shiny Fuzzy Muddy formed in 2003 as a non-profit collective to create events and to bring art to the people. 2018 sees the collective celebrating their 16th year milestone of offering high end and handmade events connecting artists to the community with curated holiday events. The group’s core members and local makers, Janna Hurtzig, Kari Woo and Frances Dickinson, annually plan the Shiny Fuzzy Muddy show, which takes place the second weekend in December at Heritage Hall. With an effort made to seek out new artists, up to thirty guests are invited to exhibit and sell their work at this historic Main St. location. The common thread that ties the work together is the high quality of design, craftsmanship, material sensibility and professionalism. For more information on Shiny Fuzzy Muddy, please visit the.