SUMMERDINE 2018 – ONE NIGHT, MANY DINNERS
LES DAMES PROVINCE-WIDE FUNDRAISER
SUPPORTS EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
Where will you be dining on Wednesday, August 15th? It could be in a vineyard, aboard a yacht, at a picnic table or in an elegant dining room. Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter have some tasty suggestions for you as they present their annual Summerdine 2018 – a delicious province-wide dining celebration featuring fabulous food and glorious wines unfolding on one evening only at different restaurants, wineries, and culinary venues across BC.
Some of the confirmed Metro Vancouver locations include (but are not limited to):
- Four seats at Kitsilano favourite AnnaLena
- Four seats at multi-award winning (‘Chef of the Year,’ ‘Best Seafood,’ ‘Best Upscale’ at 2018 Van Mag Awards) Boulevard in The Sutton Place Hotel.
- Four seats at locavore favourite, and award-winning (‘Best West Coast,’ ‘Best Brunch’ at 2018 Van Mag Awards) Burdock & Co. on Main Street
- Ten seats at new casual Italian Di Beppe in Gastown
- Ten seats in the private picnic courtyard at Forage on Robson Street (weather permitting)
- Twenty seats at a long table set on Pacific Yacht Charters moored in spectacular Coal Harbour
- Six seats at Pan-Asian Torofuku on the edge of historic Chinatown
- Ten seats in the private dining room at the legendary Vij’s on Cambie Street
- Four seats at fine dining destination West in South Granville
Over in the Okanagan some of the tempting events include (but are not limited to):
- Eight seats for a beautiful (and bubbly) al fresco dinner hosted by Dame Wendy Rose at Bella Wines on the Naramata Bench
- Eight seats in the picturesque Terrafina at Hester Creek by RauDZ
There is one intimate gala dinner happening in Victoria:
- 25 seats at an al fresco long table on the beautiful of Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse in scenic Saanichton catered by Dame Chef Ali Ryan of Victoria’s popular Spinnakers Gastro Pub. Diners will be whisked to and from the event by L.A. Limousines and the four-course dinner will be accompanied by luscious wines from See Ya Later Ranch and of course artisan cider from Sea Cider.
The above are only a tempting taste of what will be happening on August 15th – to see the complete array check out the full participant list for locations, menus and photos.
Regardless of the location, all diners will be treated to a specially-designed multiple-course menu, wines selected to complement that menu, a special table or location and an opportunity to meet and chat with the chefs and restaurateurs.
All Summerdine dinners are priced at $80 per person and include the multi-course meal with wine (gratuity not included). The one exception is the Victoria Summerdine which is priced at $100 per person.
Not a bad deal when you consider the price of a good meal including wine or how hard it is to get reservations at some of these places while others are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Seats go on sale July 6 at www.lesdames.ca and are sure to sell out quickly. Don’t miss your chance to participate in one of the most unique dining experiences of the summer. All funds raised from Summerdine go to support Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter’s Scholarship and Outreach programs.
About Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter
Les Dames d’Escoffier is the only organization of its kind: a world-wide philanthropic society of professional women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. The invitation-only membership, composed of 40 individual chapters across the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Mexico, is highly diversified and reflects the multifaceted fields of contemporary gastronomy and hospitality. The mandate of Les Dames d’Escoffier BC Chapter is to support the advancement of women in the hospitality and culinary domains as well as fostering industry excellence through educational and charitable activities.
For information on Les Dames D’Escoffier BC Chapter and updates on its various events and programs http://www.lesdames.ca Follow us on Facebook or on Twitter @LesDamesBC For information on Les Dames d’Escoffier International: www.idei.org