Four wineries later and I’m thinking which way is up and did I leave my liver at the last winery? .
BLACKWOOD LANE VINEYARDS & WINERY
From a winery’s whose motto is “Bonus Vita et Bonus Amici” – Good Life and Good Friends, Carlos Lee and Winemaker Charles Herrold produce top quality wines from which you can enjoy from their patio which has a spectacular hillside view of Mount Baker. Named for a street where Carlos former mechanical engineer lived, Carlos and son have been here for 9 years producing wine from grapes which they have sourced from the Oliver-Osoyoos.
Here we sampled:
- 2007 Alliance: signature Bordeaux Blend that is full-bodied, intense and rich tannins with cherry and dark fruit. .
- The Rebel (Syrah): aptly named for the winemaker, was a sure winner with dark plums and pepper with a lingering finish.…
Formerly called Neck of the Woods Winery, Backyard Vineyards has been in business since 2009. Since then they have won medals for their reds, whites and bubbles with grapes which they grow on their property. But what makes this vineyard great is that its offers great wines at affordable prices from $14.99 to $22.99.
Here we sampled:
- Blanc de Noir, a sparking white with big bubbles. .
- 2012 Nosy Neighbour: blend of Pinot Gris, Riesling, Siegerrebe and Gewürztraminer which tastes of apple with spicy aromas. .
- 2011 Gewürztraminer: undertones of peaches and lychee .
- 2010 Meritage: merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc with chocolate, blackberries and plums finished with vanilla and spice.
KRAUS BERRY FARM AND ESTATE WINERY
Giddy up. One could spend hours in this cowboy-themed fun farm picking fruit, drinking fruit wine, petting animals, learning how to cook with Chef Wolfgang Schmelcher..(starting Oct 5) and where riding side saddle at the tasting bar could possibly prove to be a hazard if you’re not buckled in safely.
We received boot-sized samples of their apple and raspberry fruit wines while Ted amused us with his twinkling eyes and handlebar moustache. …
Eight hours later and 50 sips later, I’m wondering, can we do this again tomorrow? It’s a wine adventure that’s waiting for you in your back yard at Langley’s seven wineries.
Click here for more information: