Two Spoo-ook-tacular Halloween Weekends at Britiannia Mine Museum October 21 & 22 and October 28 & 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
It’s the witching hour at Britannia Mine Museum this Halloween with two weekends full of Spoo-ook-tacular fun, family-friendly activities for all ages on Saturday, October 21st and Sunday, October 22nd, and Saturday, October 28th and Sunday, October 29th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
During the two Halloween weekends, the Museum will feature:
- Strange Science Shows – Interactive Halloween-themed science shows hosted by Britannia’s Dr. Dioxide featuring fiery jack-o-lanterns, strange witches brews, spooky potions and tricks full of mysterious experiments, learning and fun. Plus, visitors can check out the Apothecary after the show to recreate some of the experiments for themselves, and enjoy a special hands-on activities table from Below BC.
- Halloween Train Rides – What better place for spooky stories than our dark, eerie mine tunnels where visitors will be whisked away on a special Halloween train ride for a spine-tingling, bone-chilling, candle-lit story underground. Appropriate for older children. Spooky tours will run regularly from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and the regular public tours will be at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. only.
- Critter Emporium – Conquer your fear of scary insects or Entomophobia this Halloween by getting hands on with the folks at Aquariums West who are bringing their hair-raising creepy crawlies to the Museum so visitors can get up close and personal with our insect friends.
- Witch’s Illusion House – Enter into a strange Witch’s House that will play wicked tricks in your mind, make your eye bug out and make you think we put a spell on you. Remember…not everything is as it seems…
- Village Fair – What’s your warlock name? What adventures does your future hold? Find the answers to these questions and more with the games at the Village Fair.
- Halloween Costume Photo Booth – Double Shutter will be on site with their Halloween photo booth to capture moments with ghouls and goblins and whatever ghastly costumes visitors come with.
The Halloween event rate is $15 (ages five and up) which includes all the Halloween activities, museum exhibits, gold panning and the special Halloween train ride. Standard guided underground tours with the full train ride will continue to operate throughout the day via regular admissions.
The Britannia Mine Museum provides unique and memorable experiences that engage visitors of all ages. Visitors can enjoy fun exhibits and crowd favourites like the underground mine train, the historic 20-storey concentrator mill and gold panning, and learn about Britannia’s history as one of the largest copper mines in the British Commonwealth in the 1930s.
The Britannia Mine Museum is open seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with guided tours throughout the day on a first-come-first-serve basis. Visit www.britanniaminemuseum.ca for more details on tour times or call 1-800-896-4044for more information.
About the Britannia Mine Museum:
The Britannia Mine Museum is a mining legacy site and a vibrant, internationally recognized education and tourist destination located between Vancouver and Whistler on the Sea-to-Sky highway. It is a National Historic Site and a non-profit organization encouraging mining awareness through entertaining, experiential education programs and exhibits, important historic collection preservation and insightful public engagement that allows guests to leave with a better understanding of mining in BC; past, present and future. www.