UBC Theatre and Film
presents The Changeling
by Thomas Middleton and William Rowley
and Directed by MFA Director Luciana Silvestre Fernandes
The Changeling by Thomas Middleton and William Rowley. Directed by Luciana Silvestre Fernandes.
January 16 – February 1, 2020, 7:30 pm.
Performances: Wednesday – Saturday.
Preview: January 15.
Opening Night Reception: January 16.
Post-show Talkback: January 22.
Wine/Show pairings from alumna Barbara Philip, MW, at the Chan Centre bar
SINGLE TICKETS: Adults: $24.50. Seniors: $16.50. Students: $11.50, Youth: $5
VENUE: Telus Studio Theatre, Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, 6265 Crescent Rd.
BOX OFFICE: 604.822.2678 or firstname.lastname@example.org or www.ubctheatretickets.com |
Media Contact: Andrea Rabinovitch. Andrea.email@example.com, Office: 604.822.3723
“She that in life and love refuses me,
In death and shame my partner she shall be.”
A tale of hidden sexual desires, bloody deeds, and characters who realize their intentions are less than pure, Thomas Middleton and William Rowley’s The Changeling is one of the darkest and most sensual of the 17th century English tragedies.
The beautiful Beatrice, falls hard for Alsemero, who shares her feelings but Beatrice’s marriage to Alonzo de Piracquo, approved by her father Vermandero, is planned. Being a Jacobean tragedy, the solution turns to murder. Despite being repelled by his disfigured face, Beatrice enlists her father’s servant De Flores to do the deed, little realizing that he lusts after her and will refuse money, preferring, and eventually insisting upon, payment of another kind.
*Contains adult themes and may not be suitable for younger audiences.
Cast of The Changeling:
- Beatrice Joanna Bonnie Duff;
- De Flores Kyle Preston Oliver;
- Vermandero Liam McCulley;
- Isabella/Joanna Monica Bowman;
- Diaphanta/Joanna/Madwoman Chantal Gering;
- Lollio Abbey Laine Schwartz;
- Allibius Lorenzo Tesler-Mabe;
- Antonio Ishan Sandhu;
- Franciscus David Lundmark;
- Alsemero Hayden Davies;
- Jasperino/Madman Nicco Graham;
- Tomazo Caleb Pleasure;
- Alonzo/ Madman Connor Riopel;
- Livia/Joanna/Madwoman Aoife McDavis;
- Servant/Joanna/Madwoman Genevieve Guimond
- Director: Luciana Silvestre Fernandes;
- Scenic Design: Luis Bellassi;
- Costume Design: Charlotte Di Chang;
- Lighting Design: Zach Levis;
- Sound Design: Jacob Wan;
- Stage Manager: Anita Jian;