Chefs’ Table Society of British Columbia presents
Wild Salmon Celebration 2019
August 24, 2019: 6:30-9pm
On Saturday August 24, 2019, join the Chefs’ Table Society of British Columbia and the BC Salmon Marketing Council for a celebration of an iconic BC product:
FEATURING BC WILD SALMON
Grazing through the eight food stations and savouring BC wines, you will be participating in the only outdoor high-end event celebrating BC wild salmon.
A wonderful idea for an outing at the end of the summer featuring a tasting menu with 8 delicious wild salmon dishes showcasing the many ways this delicacy can be served. The dishes prepared by our chefs for the dinner are exclusive to the event and will delight your taste buds.
Wild Salmon Celebration Chefs include:
- Julian Bond, Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts – Salmon Confit, Warm Salad of Lentils, Charred Pineapple, Ginger
- Warren Chow, Juniper Restaurant – Cured Salmon, Yuzu Vinaigrette & Crème Fraîche
- Kayla Dhaliwall & Sean Cousins, Joseph Richards Group – Salmon Tataki, Cucumber Sunomono Salad, Mirin Broth
- Wesley Feist, Showcase Restaurant & Bar – Cured Salmon, Heirloom Tomato, Nori Foam, Sherry Vinaigrette, Nori Crisp
- Stacy Johnston, Ocean Wise – BC Stone Fruit and Salmon Ceviche
- Hamid Salimian, Vancouver Community College – Salmon Tostada, Avocado, Lime, Pickled shallots.
- Derrick Sibayan, Colette Grand Café @ Holt Renfrew – Wild Salmon Ballotine, Crème Fraîche, Pickled Rhubarb, Salmon Skin Crackling
- Gus Stieffenhofer-Brandson, Published Restaurant – Gus’s Famous Maple Candied Salmon
Dishes prepared by some of BC’s finest chefs, offer a nice way to sample various creations and for you to say hello to the chefs as you move between the food stations.
During the evening, Stephanie Pedraza will entertain you with latin songs and music. Cap the night off with either a cold brew hotchata or a BC Okanagan cherry soda from Kafka’s and a sweet treat.
Ticket for the dinner is $60.00 per person (plus tax and service fee) and includes a delicious tasting menu consisting of eight salmon dishes, samples of wines from Revelry Imports and Dirty Laundry Vineyard, beer from Granville Island Brewery and our signature cocktail, as well as, a sweet treat!
We suggest arriving no later than 7h30 pm not to miss out on any of the dishes!
Don’t wait to purchase your tickets as this event always sells out!